In general, this area covers: Who am I and how do I feel? How do I regulate my feelings and behaviour? How do I manage myself both physically and emotionally? How do I build good relationships?
Some examples of this might include:
- having a positive approach to learning and finding out about the world around them.
- having confidence in themselves and their ability to do things, and valuing their own achievements.
- being able to get on, work and make friendships with other people, both children and adults.
- becoming aware of – and being able to keep to – the rules which we all need to help us to look after ourselves, other people and our environment.
- being able to dress and undress themselves, and look after their personal hygiene needs.
- being able to expect to have their ways of doing things respected and to respect other people’s ways of doing things.
- understanding the need for taking turns.
- following instructions.
- knowing right from wrong.