In general, this area covers: Who am I and how do I feel? My family and why I’m special.
- having a positive approach to learning and finding out about the world around them.
- having confidence in themselves and their ability to do things, and valuing their own achievements.
- being able to get on, work and make friendships with other people, both children and adults.
- becoming aware of – and being able to keep to – the rules which we all need to help us to look after ourselves, other people and our environment.
- being able to dress and undress themselves, and look after their personal hygiene needs.
- being able to expect to have their ways of doing things respected and to respect other people’s ways of doing things.