In general this area covers: People, culture and communities, the natural world and past/present.
Some examples of this might include:
- finding out about the natural world and how it works.
- finding out about the man made world and how it works.
- using our senses in hands on exploration.
- care for the world around us
- exploring seasons
- looking at families, communities and occupations.
- starting to put together ideas about past and present and the links between them.
- beginning to learn about their locality and its special features.
- learning about their own and other cultures.
- finding out about different countries.